YOLOv8 isn't working

Hi,

I’m training my custom dataset with the Google Colab that roboflow has set up for YOLOv8, but its results are very concerning and are inaccurate. When I first used my dataset and trained it with roboflow’s own object detection AI, it was extremely accurate, but when I switched to YOLOv8, it was off the mark. The problem I’m suspecting is that when I run the command to train the model, it only trains it for 1/25 epochs and doesn’t continue. Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Based on the information provided in the extracts, it seems like you might be encountering an issue with the training command in your Google Colab notebook. The command for training a YOLOv8 model should look something like this:

yolo task=detect \
mode=train \
model=yolov8s.pt \
data={dataset.location}/data.yaml \
epochs=100 \
imgsz=640

This command specifies that the model should be trained for 100 epochs. If your model is only training for 1/25 epochs, it’s possible that there might be an issue with the epochs parameter in your command. Make sure that this parameter is set to the desired number of epochs for your training process.

If you continue to experience issues, it might be helpful to review the YOLOv8 training guide provided by Roboflow. This guide walks through the process of training a YOLOv8 model on a custom dataset, and it might help clarify any steps that could be causing issues.

Additionally, you might find it helpful to review the YOLOv8 Colab notebook prepared by the Roboflow team. This notebook contains information on how to train YOLOv8 on a custom dataset, and it might provide some additional insights into your issue.

If you’re still having trouble, consider reaching out to the Roboflow community or support for further assistance.

Hi! I’m Roboflow’s AI powered bot. This is an automated response powered using AI with knowledge from our docs, blog, and forum. If this solves your issue, please mark it as the solution using the checkbox icon. If this doesn’t solve your issue, please follow up with what you’ve tried/why, and the community will continue to chime in as usual.

Universe Link for Dataset: Player Detection AI Object Detection Dataset (v6, 2024-03-11 11:04pm) by Football Scouting Report AI

Nvm, I think the AI bot helped solve it, Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.