Outdated Youtube YoloV5 Tutorials

I’ve tried now three youtube tutorials on training yolov5 with google colab and roboflow, but it seems like all the google colab links are outdated because when i do the exact same as the video i either get error in google colab or the google colab is entirely different to the video and the video is outdated.

I’m trying to train my object detection model.

I’ve watched these videos:
https://www.youtube[.]com/watch?v=MdF6x6ZmLAY
https://www.youtube[.]com/watch?v=x0ThXHbtqCQ

Could you guys please give me a working tutorial video? Thanks.

Thank you for letting us know. We manage notebook issues on GitHub: GitHub - roboflow/notebooks: Examples and tutorials on using SOTA computer vision models and techniques. Learn everything from old-school ResNet, through YOLO and object-detection transformers like DETR, to the latest models like Grounding DINO and SAM.

Please post there and we will help as best we can. Given some of these are older, the original notebooks may have been significantly updated since the videos were published.

Hello there! I am working on several modifications to the notebook so that it will work today. We will not be updating our YouTube video. We do actively maintain our YOLOv8 content. If you are able to upgrade to YOLOv8, we have extensive support for YOLOv8. The YOLOv8 architecture itself is actively maintained by Ultralytics, the developers of YOLOv5.

I will post here when we have published the updates to our YOLOv5 notebook.

My updates have been approved. Please use the updated YOLOv5 Object Detection notebook on GitHub - roboflow/notebooks: Examples and tutorials on using SOTA computer vision models and techniques. Learn everything from old-school ResNet, through YOLO and object-detection transformers like DETR, to the latest models like Grounding DINO and SAM.. Thank you!

Thank you, I will check it out now!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.