Robflow deploy function not working properly

Hello Roboflow support team,

I am reaching out because I am encountering an issue when trying to deploy my model on your platform. Specifically, when I attempt to deploy my model using the following code:

project.version(3).deploy(model_type="yolov8", model_path="runs/detect/yolov8x_custom")

I receive the following error message:

“An error occurred when getting the model upload URL: This version already has a trained model. Please generate and train a new version in order to upload model to Roboflow.”

Note: model is working properly in my local machine

However, I have tried creating a new version and deploying it multiple times, but I continue to receive the same error message. Additionally, when I look at the Roboflow console, it says that the model is uploading, but after waiting for over a day, the upload does not complete.

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide in resolving this issue. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help diagnose the problem.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hi! Had the same issue. The command for upload is by default project.version(dataset.version).deploy… And for me it didn’t work. So I changed “dataset,version” to the actual version number and it successfully uploaded. I see that you input number “3”. Just check if this number is correct for your version.

@nadhir_hasan / @Maxim_Butyrin would any of you be keen to create a bug report for us and give us a bit more info? Issues · roboflow/roboflow-python · GitHub