Export instance segmentation project to YOLO-formatted .txt

Hi,

I have some issues exporting an instance segmentation project with annotated polygons to a YOLOv8 .txt format. I have tried both “YOLOv8 Oriented Bounding Boxes” and “YOLOv8”, but either of them seem to convert the polygons to oriented bounding boxes. I think it worked fine when last I exported in December.

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

1 Like

My attempt to export yolo’s seg txt file yesterday also failed.
I still remember that I successfully exported the data last week and used it for seg training on yolo v8. I am glad that I am not the only one who encountered this difficulty.

Hi @eirikmn and @宗煌_陳,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re looking into it!

facing same issue, yolov8 segmentation export convert polygons to oriented bounding boxes and also there is some issues with .yaml file
But export as yolov5 format works well

I facing the problem too. Hope this post reachs the support.

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for reporting this to us. We appreciate it and are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our team has looked into it and fixed what we believe is the issue. You will have to generate a new version of your dataset for this issue to resolve, since exports are cached by version.

Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue and feel free to create a new topic if you experience any other issues. Thanks for being part of the Roboflow community.

1 Like

Thank you for looking into it. Can confirm that it did work when downloading the YOLOv5 format, and after creating a new version the YOLOv8 instance segmentation format worked as well.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.