Drawing polygons by tracing instead of clicking multiple vertices

As far as I can tell from my first attempts annotating images in Roboflow, it doesn’t allow you to draw polygons by dragging your cursor–the only option is to click and drop multiple vertices around an object. This is tedious and time-consuming. Previous annotation platforms I’ve used have included tools for tracing polygons in addition to dropping multiple vertices around the shape. Why doesn’t Roboflow provide this functionality? A tool for drawing circles/ellipsoids would be helpful, too.

-Zack

Hi Zack - thanks for the feedback about your labeling use case. Maybe our Smart Polygon feature? Launch: Label Data with Segment Anything in Roboflow

In a few clicks, rather than tracing, you can have polygon label. Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Trevor. I’ve already tried the smart polygon feature, which does not work for me. I’m trying to annotate the tiny conspicuous fruits inside a tree canopy, and the smart polygon tool will only digitize the entire canopy. Again, tracing is the feature I’m looking for.

-Zack

Thanks for sharing more about your use case, Zack. Helpful context for us to see as we consider future development.