Does roboflow provide json file for annoted images?

I have a dataset of food images, which I used to label with labelme.exe before I came to learn about Roboflow, which offers a lot of features and I really appreciate it. But one thing I want to know is that, after labeling an image, how can I get the JSON file of that corresponding image?

To get the JSON file of an image you’ve annotated, you would typically use the export function of the annotation tool you’re using. In the case of LabelMe, which you mentioned you’ve been using, the JSON file is generated when you save your annotations.

However, the JSON file generated by LabelMe might not be directly compatible with all computer vision models. This is where Roboflow can help. Roboflow can import your LabelMe JSON annotations and convert them to any format your machine learning model requires.

Here’s how you can do it:

1. After annotating your images in LabelMe, save your work. This should generate a JSON file.
  2. Import this JSON file into Roboflow. You can do this by navigating to the “Datasets” section in Roboflow and clicking on “Create Dataset”. Then, select “Upload” and choose your JSON file.
  3. Once your data is in Roboflow, you can convert it to any other format that your model requires. Roboflow supports a wide range of formats.

For more detailed instructions, you can check out the LabelMe Tutorial and the Roboflow documentation on how to convert data to and from LabelMe JSON.

Hi! I’m Roboflow’s AI powered bot. This is an automated response powered using AI with knowledge from our docs, blog, and forum. If this solves your issue, please mark it as the solution using the checkbox icon. If this doesn’t solve your issue, please follow up with what you’ve tried/why, and the community will continue to chime in as usual.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.