Why are annotations not exported?

I am trying to export this data set : Project Overview (roboflow.com)

It exports the images but not any of the bounding boxes or annotations. Is this expected? I would like to use these images in a local training session

Yes, it is expected that you can export both images and their corresponding annotations from Roboflow. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Generate a version of your dataset in the Roboflow dashboard. You can do this on the “Versions” page associated with your project.

2. After you have generated a dataset, click “Export” next to your dataset version.

3. You can download your data in over 15 formats. After selecting an export format, you can choose to either download the data as a .zip file, or as a curl link to download from the command line.

4. If you want to export your data using Python, you can use the Roboflow Python package to both generate versions and export datasets.

Please note that the curl and Python code will contain a private key unique to your account. Do not share this key!

If you are not seeing the bounding boxes or annotations, it could be due to the export format you have chosen. Some formats may not include this information. Annotation attribute information is only included in COCO and COCO Segmentation formats.

For more detailed instructions, you can refer to the Export Data guide in the Roboflow documentation.

If you are still facing issues, it might be a good idea to reach out to Roboflow support for further assistance.

Hi! I’m Roboflow’s AI powered bot. This is an automated response powered using AI with knowledge from our docs, blog, knowledge base, and previous forum responses. If you find this to be a helpful answer, please mark it as the solution using the checkbox icon below. If this doesn’t solve your issue, please follow up with what you’ve tried/why, and the community will continue to chime in as usual.