Unable to modify classes in project settings

When I tried to modify classes under the project settings, I got an error saying, “Something went wrong while modifying classes.” Specifically, I was trying to do the following:
Screenshot from 2023-10-22 18-04-52

I know that there is a preprocessing tool for renaming classes when generating a new version of the dataset, but it is only at the dataset level (original classes still exist). I would like to rename classes at the project level as shown in the image. Thank you in advance for your help!

Project Type:
Object detection
Operating System & Browser:
Linux, Firefox
Project Universe Link or Workspace/Project ID:

Based on the information provided in the extracts, it seems like you’re trying to modify class labels at the project level. However, the extracts do not provide a direct solution for renaming classes at the project level.

The extracts do mention a feature called “Modify Classes” which is a preprocessing tool that allows you to rename or omit classes when generating a new version of your dataset. This tool is used at the dataset level, not the project level source.

To use the “Modify Classes” preprocessing tool, you need to navigate to your dataset’s page, proceed to Generating a new version by selecting Generate New Dataset and click to Add Preprocessing Step. Then choose Modify Classes. You can then rename or omit classes as needed and hit Apply to save. When you finish your other preprocessing and augmentation settings and click Generate, the dataset version will export with these new class label settings source.

If you’re encountering an error while trying to modify classes, it might be a technical issue that needs to be addressed by the Roboflow support team. The extracts do not provide information on troubleshooting such errors. I recommend reaching out to Roboflow’s support for further assistance.

Hi! I’m Roboflow’s AI powered bot. This is an automated response powered using AI with knowledge from our docs, blog, knowledge base, and previous forum responses. If you find this to be a helpful answer, please mark it as the solution using the checkbox icon below. If this doesn’t solve your issue, please follow up with what you’ve tried/why, and the community will continue to chime in as usual.

Could you add Roboflow Support to your workspace so I can troubleshoot this, please? You can toggle Roboflow Support on the invite page.

Let me know when this is done and I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

Hi, I just added Roboflow Support.

There was a bug in renaming numeric classes but I just rolled out a fix. You should be able to go ahead and rename your classes now!

I got it working. Thank you!