Label assist will not load, spinning icon forever

1. Project type: Object detection
  2. The operating system & browser you are using and their versions: Windows 10, Browsers tried (Chrome, Edge, Brave)
  3. The screenshot of the error being triggered in your browser’s developer tools/console.
    Label assist loading
    label assist loading

Hi there, I just trained my model. When I go back to use label assist in my project, it loads forever. Is there a reason for this? I have tried several different browsers and even tried restarting my PC (just in case there was an error with my images somewhere). Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi guys, I am still having this problem a week later. I have tried 4 different browsers and I have cleared the cache data from each to see if this was the problem. None of these have worked so far. Here are the errors in my console when label assist is clicked.

Another thing I tried was creating a new project and attempting to access the label assist menu from there - this did not work and the menu was loading forever. I then tried creating a new workspace with another new project inside - the label assist menu loaded here, but unfortunately, my model did not appear in the list.

I am noticing that the console is saying that I do not have permissions… could this be the problem? I still have credits on my account.

Thanks.

Hi everyone, apologies for the constant replies to myself in this thread - I want to make sure I include all information for this to be fixed.

Today I tried to generate a new version of my model (including 50 newly annotated photos for the model to train with). When I try to click “Start Training”, my console produces the exact same error as I included in my last message.

FirebaseError: Missing or insufficient permissions.

Please could one of the devs help me with this issue?

Thank you.

Hi @damarislanders

Sorry to hear you’re having issues. Could you share the link/name of your project? I’d like to see if I can replicate the issue. In the meantime, some tedious troubleshooting steps, but have you tried it on different devices, projects or workspaces? Does regular inference (through the Deploy tab) work?

Hi @damarislanders

Thank you for the info. As I try to see what’s happening, can I have your permission to add myself to your workspace so I can help figure out what’s going wrong?

Yes no problem Leo. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @damarislanders

I tried doing Label Assist on one of your unannotated images and it seems to work fine:

I also was able to start training on your 2023-05-23 3:46pm dataset. (I’ve reset the image I ran label assist on and replenished the credits I used to test)

I think this may either be an issue with your device, browser, or account. So, can you please try the following in order to see if they fix your issue:

• Use an incognito or private tab on your browser, log in, and try all the things you had issues with.
    • If you ever mess around with Chrome extension setttings, make sure none of your extensions are enabled in incognito, the purpose is to make sure extensions aren’t messing your experience up.
  • Logging out and logging back into Roboflow
  • On a different network if able. (If you have VPNs or proxies enabled, disable them temporarily)
  • Create a new Roboflow account and invite them to your workspace to see if your account is the issue

Hey stellasphere, Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I tried the incognito option (in Chrome, Brave and Firefox) with all my extensions disabled but the spinning icon happens so I can’t enter label assist mode; it says insufficient permissions again.

I have attempted to log out and log back in and the problem persists.

I am currently in Honduras on a different network and the problem is persisting on multiple networks in different countries.

Finally, I tried your suggestion to create a new profile and invite that person - this didn’t work either and the icon is still spinning.

It’s still producing the “Uncaught (in promise) FirebaseError: Missing or insufficient permissions” in every browser, even in incognito.

Many thanks,

Damaris

Hi @damarislanders

Thank you for going through the troubleshooting steps. Sorry, you’re still experiencing issues.

Have you tried doing this on other devices? If you don’t mind sharing, what device are you using?

While we’re getting this sorted out, have you tried using the auto-annotate Python package?