Does project type matter?

Does the project type really matter or is it just for information? Does selecting object detection or classification matter when creating a new project/does it change the workflow/output of the trained model?

Yes, it does matter. This is cemented when you create the project and cannot be changed later. If this is a work flow issue you can create an Object Detection project first and then create a 2nd one and use classification

1 Like

have a good tima @anon59033456 , I have chosen instance segmentation instead of semantic segmentation for the typing section of a project that I want to use U-Net architecture for. Is there a way to change the typing project? I have annotated the entire dataset.

@Navid_Mashoofi That option is available, but we do now have an easier process for conversion between the two if you’ve mistakenly labelled in the incorrect project type.

Semantic Segmentation to Instance Segmentation

1. Generate a raw-image version (no preprocessing or augmentation other than Auto-Orient, to ensure all labels remain aligned with the image’s orientation during labelling)

1. Export in COCO Segmentation format

2. Create a new Instance Segmentation project

3. Unzip the COCO Segmentation export from your Semantic Segmentation project, and upload to the new project

Instance Segmentation to Semantic Segmentation

1. Follow steps (1) and (2) above

2. Create a new Semantic Segmentation project

3. Follow step (4) from above

Dataset export:

Annotation formats:

Dataset upload options:

More on project types:

2 Likes

Your response was incredibly informative and provided me with the clarity I needed to move forward with my project. Thank you again for your generosity and willingness to share your expertise. @Mohamed