Object detection and video summarization - doubt regarding tracking

I am currently working on a project that involves tracking a specific person in a CCTV video and performing video summarization based on that person’s movements. I plan to use YOLOv8 for object detection and either Deep SORT or Strong SORT for tracking, where each person in the video would be assigned a unique ID.

My main question is whether it is possible to track a specific person in the video using their assigned ID. For example, if I want to track the person with ID 2 in the video, can I do so without having pre-annotations or IDs for that person? Essentially, I would input a random video, obtain IDs for each person in the video, and then specify the ID of the person I want to track. The person comes in and out of the frame and he is not visible all the time in the video.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with a detailed explanation

Hi @Vamsi_Sravanth_Mahendrada,

This isn’t something supported out-of-the-box with Roboflow. If you find a good method of solving for this with existing architectures, let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.