New MaxRetryError for Python implemented inference

After a few happy days of successful use of our model, we have begun to receive an error with our inference requests. We are implementing using Python and are making use of the predictionUtils package provided on RF’s github.

requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘detect.roboflow.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: ****** (Caused by SSLError(SSLEOFError(8, ‘EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:2396)’)))

Confused as this error seems to have appeared out of nowhere - I am wondering if this has to do with a firewall/protocol from my organization. Any help is appreciated!

Hi @Hector_Taylor - can you try this prediction again for me and tell me if the same bug comes up?

I tried reproducing a few times with one of my models with no luck, so not sure just yet on a network/firewall issue from your org.

Hi @Mohamed

I have run into the same problem:

requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘detect.roboflow.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: //2?api_key=**&name=YOUR_IMAGE.jpg&overlap=30&confidence=40&stroke=1&labels=false&format=json (Caused by SSLError(SSLEOFError(8, ‘EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:2393)’)))

Any idea how I could address this? Thanks!

Hii, Were you able to solve the issue??

Update: I realized my conda environment wasn’t activated. That solved the issue for me.