Downloaded annotations contains many blank text files

Edit: This has been resolved by turning off the auto orient. Still not sure why this happened, I always keep it on, but I spent many frustrating hours fixing this so it’s worth looking at.

I created a semantic segmentation project, uploaded my images, annotated them with only polygons, just as I have done several times before with no issues.
This time when I go to generate and download the annotations for yolov8 I get a bunch of empty text files. Not all of them are empty though.
When I go back to the “Annotate” or “Dataset” tabs I can see these images with their annotations… But when I go to “Versions” it shows these images with no annotations. I have no idea what changed this time but I have tried making new versions and everything I can think of with no luck.