Cropping feature with the Annotate toolset?

I had a nice little reply that I tried to add a link to my original post to and next thing I know the bot flagged it as spam, and I guess it hasn’t been approved yet…Anyway, I’ll try to recreate it.

I updated my original post (Resizing large ~16:9 (2688x1520) images for use with yolov5? - #3 by EvanVanVan) because I realize that a feature-request thread isn’t the correct place to discuss such details.

But just quickly, using a crop feature I’m not really looking to create “well-cropped” images for a model to train on. I just want to fix the dimensions so that when it is “Resized: Strech to 640x640,” it doesn’t screw up the aspect ratio of the labeled items. i.e. (This is what I would crop in Photoshop):

I wouldn’t consider that “well-cropped,” at least not zoomed in or anything. I don’t want to screw up the “deer-size-to-apple tree” proportions that my model will be checking at runtime, but if the model is trained on that 16:9 image squished to a 640x640 square, the model is going to be looking for squished deer, correct?

Lastly, I’m using “Resized: Strech to 640x640” because that’s what the ultralytics tutorial suggests, but maybe I’d be safe using a Strech to 640x360 instead (to keep the 16:9 aspect ratio)?